Super Fruits and Super Seeds You Should Eat
I’m always looking for good information that promotes healthy eating of real food. The article, “9 Super Fruits and Super Seeds You Should Add to Your Diet,” published in the March issue of the journal Food Technology gives a quick overview on these 9 foods. (You can read the article here… )
- Chia Seeds: Are high in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Flaxseeds: Are a good source of protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and lower cholesterol.
- Sunflower Seeds: Provide monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, protein, fiber, vitamin E, and phytochemicals like choline, lignan, phenolic acids, and betaine
- Pumpkin Seeds: Are packed with protein, fiber, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Blueberries: Are loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Acai Berries: A rich source of anthocyanin and have a fatty acid ratio similar to olive oil, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tart Cherries: Tart cherries are high in anthocyanin and have high antioxidant activity.
- Avocados: Healthy fat, lowers cholesterol.
- Cranberries: Benefit heart health, cancer, and glycemic response.