Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: What You Need To Know About SIDS
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) / Crib death.
This is an unspeakable tragedy. To honor those who have suffered this here are some suggestions:
1. Have your infant sleep on their back until they can roll over, on a firm surface.
2. Avoid anything that may smother your infant,such as pillows, blankets, or bumper pads in the crib.
3. If co-sleeping, have a firm surface in your bed so they can safely be with you.
4. If baby is sleeping on your chest, have them up high so they cannot smother.
5. Keep cats away from sleeping babies (they can sleep on your baby’s head).
6. Don’t over-heat (dressed with too many clothes, or room too hot).
7. Don’t smoke around your baby, and never in the house. Please quit for your baby’s health and your own.