Medications and Aspartame
I have written recently on the evils of aspartame in my blogs.
I was shocked, though not surprised, to find aspartame in prescription medications that I use with relative frequency. In some cases, there are not equally suitable alternatives, though I will certainly attempt to avoid the aspartame containing medications when possible.
For a comprehensive list of medication that contain aspartame, Click Here
There are over 5000 medications that contain aspartame. I list here the most common ones I see used in children.
Parents, please read labels.
· Amoxicillin 250mg chew tabs by WarnerChilcott
· Amoxil 400mg chewable tablet 3.64mg/tablet
· Augmentin 400mg/5ml suspension 7mg/5ml
· Augmentin ES 600mg/5ml 7mg/5ml
· Antiemetics (anti-drowsiness)
· Zofran ODT 4mg
· Zofran ODT 8mg
· Electrolyte Therapy
· Pedialyte freezer pops
· Kao Lectrolyte electrolyte replenisher unflavored or bubble gum
· Benadryl liquid for kids
· Motrin junior strength chews
The list of side effects of Aspartame can be quite extensive. Headache, dizziness, vomiting, abdominal cramping, diarrhea are just a few. To see a comprehensive list, Click Here