Pregnancy: Nutrition and Avoiding Toxins
Pay attention to your diet, even before you become pregnant, since your lifetime accumulation of toxins can slowly reach your developing baby.
- – Smoke (This exposes you to carcinogens and methanol that will be converted to formaldehyde in your baby).
- – Consume aspartame (11% methanol) in diet drinks and chewing gum.
- – Eat pesticides (eat organic).
- – Eat fish.
- – Take your prenatal with folate (folinic acid) and add iodine if it is not already in your prenatal.
- – Add vitamin D (up to 5000 IU a day).
- – Add omega-3 fish oil.
Vaccines: A premature baby should not get more than 5-10 micrograms of aluminum a day. The Tdap vaccine has 330 micrograms of aluminum. This is 100x the known neuro-toxic dose.
There are no safety studies about injecting anything close to this amount of aluminum into pregnant moms. Protect your newborn by vaccinating all the caregivers for Pertussis. If mom hasn’t had a recent Tdap, she should hold off and get it right after delivering her baby.