Toxin: Methanol – Foods to Avoid
Methanol, traditionally known as wood alcohol, is used in industry as a solvent. In the body, it is converted to formaldehyde (think embalming fluid) also highly toxic.
In our quest to reduce and eliminate neurological damage, we must carefully consider all toxins that have the ability to damage our children’s brains. For extensive information on this topic I recommend the book and web site www.whilesciencesleeps.com
Parents, please stop all purchasing of diet drinks and use of artificial sweeteners. Aspartame is converted to methanol, which is a tiny molecule that enters across the blood brain barrier, and once in the brain, can be converted to toxic formaldehyde. I once worked in a mortuary where bodies were embalmed. That strong smell of formaldehyde can sometimes be detected when new carpet is placed (from the glue). Imagine each time you give your child diet drinks they are sucking on the toe of an embalmed corpse. Or, if you are pregnant, it is your unborn child sucking on the toe. Forgive me for the gross graphic, but we MUST STOP DRINKING DIET DRINKS, aspartame/ nutrasweet, etc.
AVOID (these are high in methanol):
- Diet foods and drinks with aspartame.
- Fruit and vegetable products and their juices in bottles, cans, or pouches.
- Jellies, jams, and marmalades not made fresh and kept refrigerated.
- Black currant and tomato juice products, fresh or processed.
- Tomato sauces, unless first simmered at least 3 hours with an open lid.
- Smoked foods
- Chewing gum
Full link from http://whilesciencesleeps.com/files/Monte%20Diet.pdf